Saturday, February 16, 2008

House Sitting Oops!

I'm house sitting. I started Thursday night and will go until sometime on Tuesday. It's a very nice, old, rambler that the owner has modernized, but it's got a lot of hallways with tight corners and hidden areas and closets, and so it scares me at night to be there alone.

The entrance is the worst, as it's about 30 feet from the driveway to the door. You have to walk along the side of the garage, in this weird wooden tunnel, and so the end of the walkway is PITCH black. I use my cell phone light to try to brighten it up a bit, but it's still freaky as hell.

It helps though, when I finally get the door open, to hear his little pug, Harry, come running up to the door. If there was an intruder he would probably be dead or held up somewhere. He's really cute, and so good and adorable - he never barks, and he likes to take his toys in his mouth and shake his head really hard. He has a snake toy that he's chewed both eyes out of.

The backyard and sliding glass doors remind me a little too much of the Drew Barrymore sequence in Scream.

After having gone to sleep, waking up alive and whole this morning, and getting myself ready, I was about to leave for work, when I couldn't find the house keys. I then realized that I had left them IN the door. So, if an intruder DID want to kill me that night, I made it more than easy for him to get inside. Good thing I'm not on anyone's hit list... that I'm aware of...

Speaking of pugs...this cheered me up

2 comments:

Jon said...

Randy: There are certain RULES that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one: you can never have sex.

Randy: BIG NO NO! BIG NO NO! Sex equals death, okay? Number two: you can never drink or do drugs.

Randy: The sin factor! It's a sin. It's an extension of number one. And number three: never, ever, ever under any circumstances say, "I'll be right back." Because you won't be back.

Robbie said...

Ahhh, I have indeed thought of scream while being in this house... OY... scary, lol