Monday, February 25, 2008

Finally Forever Plaid Auditions!


Didn't go to work again today.

To fill you in quickly, read my short entry from last thursday...

The only way they would allow me to leave for my audition, without getting penalized, was to arrive at 7 am. My alarm woke me up and I said screw it. Who cares about being penalized when you've put in your two week notice? What are they going to do if I miss another day? Fire me?

I had my audition for Forever Plaid at the Old Log Theatre today. If you don't remember, I spoke about this auditions in this entry mid january... I've waited a while for this moment.

To help prepare for my audition technique, Anita Ruth, the wonderfully talented musical director of The Fantasticks - who has done a lot of work for Chanhassen Dinner Theatres and The Guthrie here in the twin cities - took two sessions to look over my audition and give pointers.

Needless to say, I was very audition, BUT I did a wonderful job and was even told that I was a 'top pick' for the role. Here's to hoping!

Oh, and I'm glad I took the day off from work, as I had a printer issue, and two hours would NOT have been enough time to get my resume/headshot printed, while trying to get lunch, warmed up, and to the theatre on time. Plus, the stress-free morning helped tremendously, I'm sure.

I sang Mooning from Grease, and Catch a Falling Star from Forever Plaid itself (as seen halfway through this highlight video of one Forever Plaid production)

videos only appear on blog site

3 comments:

Jon said...

Glad to hear it went well!

Robbie said...

It did! Thanks for commenting on every entry! HAH!

Anonymous said...

OH!!! I just love this show!!!
I cannot wait to hear what goes on!
Love ya!
~Suzie