Monday, September 22, 2008

Two to the Zoo! You should see too!


Here we are, my good friend Heather and I, in front of the Minnesota Zoo. As you can see, the sky is blue, the sun is obviously shining (including into our eyes... good idea Heather!), and boy are we excited to see some animals! (Actually, this was taken on the way out of the zoo... but we were still excited anyway.


Heather was SO excited in fact, that she posed like Ariel (the little mermaid) in front of the Dolphin Fountain near the entrance! (This actually was taken before we went inside).

Our first stop was the monkey cage!



One of the monkeys had just had a baby... it was so cute! It was the most hyper of all the monkeys, but didn't do much climbing. It stayed down by the 'adult' monkeys, who mostly sat in the shade, grooming each other, while the younger adolescent monkeys splashed in the pool and chased each other around the trees.

Next up were the Meerkats! SO Lion King!




We temporarily got stuck INSIDE the Meerkat exhibit! HELP! AHHHH!!!!!!!!

We then started heading down the trails... first up, their temporary exhibit, The Grizzly Coast!


One of the women taught her children that this was a seal... ... she was corrected by another woman in her party, but even after that the woman said "Aren't seals and otters the same thing?"... these are the people parenting the kids of our tomorrow...



BEARS!!! They were so friendly, and sharing a large pond in the hot sun... They seemed rather happy, especially the one that played with its feet while swimming... the zoo has TALENTED animals!



When we were standing next to the Wild Hogs, a very serious girl asked "How can they be wild if they are in the zoo?" Such the philosopher she was... we just wanted to have fun and see the animals, so we left the super serious girl behind.


Heather is "Takin" the world by storm! Watch out! :)


These are real Takin animals... I had never heard of them... and didn't actually read up on them... we were busy laughing at all the silly children around us, and their SILLY parents... "You don't want to jump down there and be their lunch do you? I think Takin eat Stevens for lunch!" ... again... a fine example of the people parenting the kids of our tomorrow...



I LOVE ME SOME FAT PRAIRIE DOGS!!! AWWWWW!!!!



We were trying to teach you about the Moose's antlers, silly people!

UH OH!! THE TIGER LAIR!!!!!








Oh we had fun at the Tiger Lair! That's for sure!

Next up was the Minnesota Trail - Now, we heard a woman say something that would actually be considered a fun thing to tell children... however... she was there with other adults... and NO children... this is what she said... "All of these animals are in Minnesota! That's why it's called the Minnesota Trail!"... OY.


DUCK BUTT!







After the Minnesota Trail, we went down the Tropical Trail!!! I was most excited for this one... but it kind of turned out to be somewhat of a dud... Maybe it was all the screaming babies, and the really dark tunnels that were NOT good for pictures...


We did find a fun Turtle Statue!... notice the baby... she wasn't there when we started posing for the picture, but her mom thought it would be a nice piece of the background, so she moved her into the shot.


That honeycomb must have been made of poop... I tells ya!






A LOT of the fish showed me their butt the very second I took the picture... oh well.


With our highly inappropriate humor... we thought this coral sign was rather funny...


Like I said... DARK tunnels with not good lighting for pictures...


And I don't even remember what this thing was... but it was kind of cute, so I took a picture!

After that we watched the monkeys more... and then left. Seriously, the zoo is great, but I doubt you'll ever find a day to go when there aren't billions of screaming children running around... that was the only down part, but we laughed at most of them... I don't know what my parents did right, but I can say that I never threw a tantrum like these kids did... I would maybe pout, but I wouldn't scream at the top of my lungs at my mom because she didn't buy me ice cream. Plus, a lot of the children were LARGE for their size/age, but with parents teaching them that Otters are Seals, what can you expect? :P

No comments: