Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What Else Is New In The Year 2000?

The only REALLY good picture of Conan I've seen. I like it!

Some predictions made during Conan O'Brian's 2004 'futuristic' comedy skit "In the Year 2000" have included

"In the year 2000, America will know I (Drew Carey) am not their daddy's Price is Right host when I launch the new game 'Two in the Plinko, one in the Stinko"

"In the year 2000, Della Reese will star in a spin-off of Touched By An Angel, called Touched By A Huge Black Woman."

"In the year 2000, The number '3' will be outlawed, thereby making all omelets either too large or too small." ... And my birthday will disappear :(

"In the year 2000, Animals will take over the farm just like in the novel Animal Farm, butinstead of setting up a failed communist regime, they will simply go poop in the house."

"In the year 2000, Singer Meatloaf will become a spokesman for a company that makes meat loaf, Vanilla Ice will become a spokesman for a company that makes vanilla ice, and MC Hammer will be arrested for stealing a bike."

"In the year 2000, It will be revealed that the only reason the mitten was invented was because something cute was needed to rhyme with kitten."

"In the year 2000, instead of plumping when you cook them, Ball Park franks will MOAN when you suck them"

and MANY more... but none were as prophetic as this one... made during the 2004 James Lipton Edition.




"In the year 2000, Batman will admit he's gay, and Clay Aiken will admit he's Batman." ... it's haunted my dreams ever since I heard it all the way back on it's 2004 debut date - and I never watch Conan...

... now of course the statement is not all true... we all know that Christian Bale already admitted to being batman, and I wish that he WAS gay... but regardles... today... the news is spreading like wild fire that Clay Aiken's national coming out is in the next issue of People Magazine. He just had a child with his friend and music producer, Jaymes Foster (are we sure this is a girl?... just kidding! :P) and he refuses to raise the child with LIES.

Anyway, here's how this news will be taken by the world...

From the point of view of a Claymaniac...

"They always said you were gay, but i never chose to believe it! I wished that I was the lucky girl you made a baby with, I even had a picture of you stitched on my pillow... but now that pillow will BURN! I hate you for ruining my oh-so-realistic dreams!"

From the point of view of the REST OF THE WORLD...

"What else is new?"

Seriously though, I have a lot of respect in regards to his reasoning... it really wasn't anyone else's business in the first place... but, I'm glad that he has finally felt comfortable enough, and proud enough, to share it with the world and not have a secret that he had to keep from his family and new child. I kind of lived my life by the same rule, and didn't act at all on my being gay before I was out... I refused to live a life that I had to keep secret from those I loved most... so I'll applaud him, but I'm already tired of it all, so... ... oooh Megan Mullally!


videos only appear on the blog site

No comments: