Friday, September 12, 2008

Yeah I Bit Unemployement, And I'd Do It Again!


So, I recently decided that temping was the perfect way to work full time jobs and get paid OK money, but still be able to pursue theatre, leave work for a few months if I got a tour or another Chan gig, and still have work to go back to when I was done.

I signed on with a temping agency in downtown minneapolis, and the next day I started working for a company on the 21st floor of the the AT&T tower. Now, if I were to tell you that the AT&T tower is the blue building in the picture above, that wouldn't really narrow it down... not in the Minneapolis skyline anyway.

It's the squat one with a lot of personality on the left. The one that is SUPER reflective... it shimmers at night, and if you're in the right spot during the day it could look like this...

Oooooh!


I mainly do data entry stuff... which is fun... but the real entertainment comes at lunch time... when everyone gathers in the lunch room on Floor 22, where the view is just amazing I might add... and we watch tv. Now, most of the time it's HGTV, which isn't that entertaining to me, especially since I usually take a 30 minute lunch instead of a 60 minute lunch, and most HGTV shows are an hour... doesn't usually work well... but some times we watch those tacky Judge shows, which make me happy...

Yesterday, it was Judge Mathis... which is the inspiration for this entry... a girl was suing her former friend (they're always former friends) for biting off the tip of her finger during a cat fight... in the end the plaintiff won, and they had both women standing directly outside the courtroom with a security guard towering between them, as the girls were arguing with eachother... again... but this time they weren't even looking at eachother, it was hilarious...

"Yeah, I bit her finger, and I'd do it again if she sticks it in my mouth again!" (this woman had been denying it the WHOLE time until now.)

"She's just stupid. Why would I put my finger in her mouth?"

"You did it once! That's why I bit it!"

"I didn't put my finger in your mouth, you put your mouth over my finger!"

"Uh huh, whatever"

"Whatever"

Apparently, the clip I found is a goody too, even though it's from a different episode... I haven't yet been able to watch the whole thing, but maybe this episode will actually be on tv today during lunch... that would be fun. Oh the excitements of corporate world.



UPDATE... no Judge shows today... not even HGTV... but Sports Central... I usually only fall asleep during work, but now on my lunch break too? Great... :P

No comments: