Saturday, October 4, 2008

Center-Spot Loves Kathy Griffin!


As a birthday gift, my friend Chris (who I house sit for on occasion) took me to Kathy Griffin last night, and let me tell you - I loved every minute of it. Not only did she have incredibly smart and up to date material, but she incorporated Minneapolis as much as she could; which made me love her even more, lol. To feel that she really was enjoying her stay here and appreciated our city, made me feel proud to live here and be a part of this community.

I can't really approach this with a critical eye, as I really don't have any experience in performing or viewing a live stand up comedy routine. Also, I absolutely loved it, and I was only there to enjoy a birthday treat and laugh my ass off - both of which were accomplished :)

If you absolutely love celebrity gossip, from an insider with a hilariously sarcastic and cut-throat approach, you will love Kathy's humor. From political characters as Palin and Obama, to powerhouses of the media like Oprah Winfrey, and the confused adolescents that are Britney Spears and Lindsay Loahn, Kathy finds the humor in them all.

If you get offended easily, then you probably wouldn't like her humor as she talks about groups too, not excluding religious affiliations. It's all to make bold statements and to combine that shock factor of - I can't believe she just blurted that out - with the cathartic release of - I've thought that before too, but YOU said it!!

She spoke a lot about her recent Emmy win and the backstage shenanigans. YAY!

This entry is already long enough, so I'm going to post the video I found. If you like her show and ever have the chance to see Kathy Griffin in person, DO IT; it's SUCH a different experience than seeing a video. The exhilaration of seeing her in front of you, live on stage, is enough to sensitize your funny bone and be tickled a lot easier.

My birthday had already been amazing, and this was the perfect cherry on top. Thank you James, Heather, Kirby, Mom, Dad, Rosie, Dan, Grandpa, Chris, Sue, Andrea, all of my friends who sent me their good wishes on Facebook and Myspace or via text and phone calls, that random Happy Birthday comment in my last post, and of course Kathy Griffin for making this a birthday to remember!

PLUS her hair was fabulous AS ALWAYS! :P

Videos only appear on the blog web site.

No comments: