Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Want To Get Off Here! No Here! Maybe Here! Or Here! No Here! AHHHHHHHH IT HURTS!!!

This is what happens when you decide to fling yourself out the window in many directions... You've been forewarned.

I have come across an odd, yet somewhat frequent occurance in my building at work, where people decide to hit multiple floors while on the elevator...

The first time it happened, the woman seemed so methodical that I thought it was probably attached to some sort of an obsessive compulsive disorder, but now I think the people are just crazy.

This morning, an older gentleman was walking just feet in front of me, when he ducked down the elevator isle to floors 16-34; my elevator isle. I find it very pleasurable when I get to ride the elevator up to my floor alone, but that was obviously not going to happen today. He pushed the button to summon the closest iron monster, and stood there, without moving, like the elevator button had become his own Buckingham Palace.

Of course, the farthest elevator down the hall opened, and as I was taught manners, I let him get to the elevator first. He walked so slowly, that I feared we were going to miss the elevator altogether, and slight terror coursed through me when it appeared that the elevator doors were going to crush the old man upon entry. Needless to say, we made it inside just fine. I pushed the button for my floor, and then like random, the man put his hand flat against the wall of buttons, lighting up 5 floors. Thankfully, the floors he chose at random were above my destination, so I wasn't going to have to stand through 5 flights of nothingness.

Either way, I wanted to hit his hands and say, "NO! Bad man! You can't get off the elevators onto five floors at once! You're not Multiple Man!"

Seriously though, this has happened a handful of times already, and I'm scared it'll occur yet again... it'll be just my luck if the next time it happens, I encounter none other than Buddy the Elf himself... Christmas is just around the corner afterall...


Videos appear only on the blog web site, click here to go there now.

No comments: