Friday, April 11, 2008

Caretaker Opportunity!


I don't remember what happened on Wed/Thurs... It probably consisted simply of me sitting around the house, working out, trying to eat healthier, and contacting people regarding auditions and such, to only end my evening tired and sweaty from a rehearsal... nothing that exciting/different...

BUT FRIDAY was exciting... at least a little bit!

Monday - the same night I watched Hocus Pocus, I had been hanging out with my good friend Ryan, and he was telling me that he was leaving his caretaking job... a little under a year ago Ryan had found this caretaker position at an apt building on Franklin, just east of Lyndale... he got the job and as pay he was supplied an apt free of rent and a free covered parking spot in the back. I kept joking to him about giving me the job, as it's a nice apt and an awesome location (just between downtown and uptown, and just blocks away from Loring Park and the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden; home of the spoon and cherry.)

Well, today (Friday) I had an interview for the position. Shirley - the lady who interviewed me, and who would ultimately be my boss if I got the job - was extremely nice and professional, and I think I impressed her a lot. There has only been one interview in my life that didn't result in getting the job, and I don't think this will be my second - but we'll just have to wait and see. It would be the perfect scenario for the actor that I am.

Here's to hoping!

3 comments:

Jon said...

You should totally take this if you get an offer. You would be about 3-4 blocks from my new place!!!

Robbie said...

Oh, you better believe I'm taking it if I get offered it, lol. It would be awesome! :) :) Franklin and Pleasant.

Jon said...

When do you find out? I'm moving to 24th and 3rd (by the Institute of Arts)