Thursday, April 3, 2008

MORE REALITY TV!

I did my ANTM post a day early, as I wanted to save Thursday's slot for an update on two other reality tv shows... one of which is premiering tonight...

First, I wanted to touch on the fact that tonight is the finale for Bravo tv's first season of Make Me A Supermodel.

I told myself, when Bravo first started airing commercials for the show, that I wouldn't watch it. As a gay male, I have been surrounded by male pretentiousness at the gay clubs/in the gay society alone here in the twin cities - and it's something that I have absolutely no respect for. There is nothing to gain by being pretentious, unless you want a limited group of friends and to come off as arrogant/close-minded.

On the other hand, I don't mind female modeling shows, as women have a different perspective on life and handle pretentiousness a little differently - also in a way that won't affect me as I am not female and don't feel peer pressure by women.

Make Me A Supermodel had both male and female models though and I could sense that it would be filled with pretentiousness that I already try to avoid everyday in the gay community. About five or six episodes into the season I watched the show, and I have to say, I got hooked. There was only one gay male in the show, and he not only lacked pretentiousness, but he was extremely classy and respectable.

In the end, the show only motivated me to become healthier and start working out more, plus it was super entertaining, and tonight we will find out WHO of the remaining four will be the next Supermodel. Here they are...

RONNIE!
Ronnie is my absolute favorite, and I want him to win. He is down to earth, fun, has great catwalk skills, and has taken some amazing pictures. Not just that, but he's the most attractive to me out of the remaining four.







HOLLY!
Holly was my favorite of the females, and I would not be upset at all if she won. She has such an interesting/exotic look, and has also been very respectable throughout this whole season - although she has always gunned for Ronnie to go home... She has shown the most adversity in adapting a character or transitioning from commercial to high fashion. She seems to be able to do it all, and well for that matter

BEN!
Ben has been great this season, having improved probably the most out of any of the other contestants. He dealt with his own self-image through this process, and discovered that he is a sexy guy and can accept that without being vain/arrogant.





Perry...
Perry is not my favorite. I found him to be very cocky throughout this whole experience. You can tell that he thinks he has it all in his pocket, and has had it from the beginning... I have enjoyed some of his pictures, but I have never really been impressed by him... and the whole drama during this season between him and his girlfriend back home was pathetic in my opinion. I never grew to like this guy... and he's the only one I don't want to win.

IMMEDIATELY AFTER the Supermodel Finale, another brand new reality tv show is beginning... and I am so insanely excited for it!!

Along similar lines as So You Think You Can Dance comes Bravo's Step It Up And Dance. I know that some of Bravo's ideas might not be purely original, but they have the most high-class reality tv out there. They can turn an idea into a very professional and serious reality tv show that to me is a step above the rest in quality, and the sole fact that they aren't as commercialized as say American Idol or any of the other mainstream reality tv shows, is another positive in my opinion.

I LOVE dancing reality tv shows... but haven't been the biggest fan of ABC's Dancing With The Stars... and so I am extremely excited for Step It Up And Dance. I might have to start blogging about this show too... but we'll see... we'll see.

One of the MAIN reasons I will be watching Bravo's Step It Up And Dance though... is that the amazingly talented Elizabeth Berkley is going to be hosting. HAH!

Speaking of... here she is in her most infamous role in one of America's best movies EVER! :)...

WATCH STEP IT UP AND DANCE PREMIERING TONIGHT ON BRAVO AT 11/10c



videos only appear on the blog site

2 comments:

Jon said...

Great final episode of Make Me A Supermodel! I taped Step up and Dance, and plan to be hooked on it soon.

(though I don't like Elizabeth Berkley)

the Alpha John said...

Step it Up & Dance is the best show on television right now. Elizabeth finally has a chance to step out from under the could of her misunderstood performance in Show Girls.