Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sit And Sing!

I house sat again this weekend... in general, I was pretty busy... but the most important thing on my docket was sit and sing!

Sit and sing is the rehearsal during tech week for a musical where you simply sit and sing with the orchestra. It's the first time that the orchestra and the actors are able to combine their singing/playing and make sure everyone's on the same page.

Since our show opens up this week on 4/18, we had our rehearsal Sunday 4/13.

It lasted for about 3 hours... but it went very well, and the orchestra sounds amazing. It's always one of those moments that helps all of us who have been rehearsing the scenes and songs over and over and over again get motivated again and look at the show with new light. Soon we'll add our costumes and make up and before we know it it'll be show time!

Just a little something about the process that I thought I would share.

2 comments:

Jon said...

You need to update.

Anonymous said...

I am SO GLAD you're back on! Got tired of checking and never seeing updated blogs from you. Your humor and great writing makes me laugh. Break legs and keep throwing crap at the walls! It's gonna stick someday :-))