Sunday, January 27, 2008

Art! ... Deco!

I finished my new layout! I still want to change the main colors though, I'm not sure if the grays really work with the rest of the color scheme of the page, but I'll leave that for another time.

If you missed my pin-stripe layout, which I had for only a short time, here's a picture!


The spacing was off a little bit, and I didn't think it matched the "Center-spot" theme. So, I had to change it.

I pretty much spent my entire free-time yesterday making the 'art deco' background/banner for my blog and trying to figure out the HTML of my template. I was planning on playing some bioshock to finish my geek streak, but my blog's "outer wrapper" was giving me some hard times.

I did find out how to put a background image on my blog, as well as what margins, padding, float, $startSide, and $endSide mean and how to effectively add them to my blog. So the day wasn't a total waste.

On top of that - we had a performance, and it went really well - although there were some comments that for a Saturday audience it was pretty bland, but I didn't think so.

So, do you like my new layout?

Want to hire me to maybe do some graphic design on your page? Here are a couple of things I made that I totally forgot about...

A Livejournal Icon.

A random girl laying in grass.

A robot farmer and his hay bale neighbor.

A random alien guy - I could never really fix the flower...

A flaming magical hand... not gay at all.

A drawing of my grandma Hansen

A picture of some wonderful stockings that I took during a Rocky Horror Show Live! rehearsal...

Not sure what I was thinking when I did this.

A banner from another blog I had.

And I made some puppets...

I guess I just like any medium with which I can express myself!

1 comment:

brent.radeke said...

hmmm....you should probably work with me on a project using your artwork. haha, yay arts!

Can we hang out again soon, please?