Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Misfit Encounters of the Third Kind

Q: What's black or white and red all over?
A: Misfit #1 - Adidas Baba and his forty hoodies.

I was amazed yesterday when our good friend who is always wearing the same red adidas hoodie came to work wearing something DIFFERENT! Granted, it was a black adidas hoodie, but at least this proves that he isn't physically glued to the same piece of clothing, and that he actually isn't destined to wallow in it forever.

Although, my good coworker friend Jason brought up the good point that it might actually be the same red hoodie just dirtied to the point of blackness... which would be the complete polar opposite from my theory above that he can change clothes. In this case he would make flies and flowers drop dead as he passed; snow would turn brown from the stench and dogs would bark at the otherwise unseen odor.

Remaining optomistic that a misfit will not be my downfall, I would like to assume the former of those two ideas, and say yay! Let's throw him a party! Baby steps... baby steps!

Another misfit encounter I had yesterday was with the leader of Misfit #4 - the permed mullet king. None of the mullets that make up Misfit 4 compare when put up against this man's super chic curl. He seems like a nice guy, and he's always making copies and running around with a box of paper. I don't think I've heard him say one word, but that's how mullets work - they conspire in secrets.

Yesterday, I walked by the small copy room - which isn't too far from my cube - and the king was in there, doing what he usually does, and all of a sudden a huge whiff of fruit struck my nostrils as I meandered by. Misfit #4 smells like pears. Maybe he's made of pears and all of his mullet followers are pear wannabes? That would be scary. Maybe it's his shampoo. Either way, it was interesting.

Then, today... I made contact with Curls. I was getting help from one of our claims processors when he came up to her desk and said "Happy Birthday! Wait, now who's birthday is it? Yours?" he said, pointing at me "Or hers?"

"Hers!" I quickly spat back. Whatever this birthday present was I didn't want it. It was probably some kind of alien puree'ed pear vomit.

"Alright, well Happy Birthday!" He threw down some pre-opened envelopes onto her desk and walked back down the isle of cubicles saying to everyone "Sorry! No more presents today! Ha ha ha... ha"

My claims processer friend turned to me and said "We don't like his presents."

They must be secret mullet presents that are given to people to make them busy so the mullets can then have easy access at controlling the world!

I have never seen this movie... but my sister hates the potato scene, or that's what I remember her saying... hmmmm


videos only show up on the blog site

2 comments:

brent.radeke said...

you are the most entertaining writer I know. How can I get a job with you, and I hope I am not one of your misfits.

Anonymous said...

I've never known any one else who works with so many spooky, mullet-headed misfits as you! oh wait....are you sure you're not the only misfit there and the rest of them are normal?! pondering the thought....