Thursday, January 31, 2008

Orange Mamba, You're Fired!

Not to pull a Donald here... but I finally got to experience the orange Mamba, and I have to say, it's my least favorite flavor of the bunch. I was so excited at the first glimpse of the orange package wrapping, when I first opened the stick, but I just didn't find anything special about them. Blah.

Also, I found out today that due to the loss of a flex client my company is going to have to downsize our department. Nobody knows who they will need to get rid of yet, but we will be notified within the next 5 days...

I believe this downsizing mainly has to do with the operations team (i.e. claims processing/implimentation/etc.), and I've heard through the questionably reliable grape vine that us in the call center really shouldn't have anythign to worry about, but I can't help but freak out a little bit. Anybody who is going to be terminated will have a month or so before they actually have to leave, which gives them good time to find a new job...

Severence compensation will also be given, once the employee actually leaves... apparently our company's policy is one week's pay per full year of employment. Which means if I got terminated I would only receive ONE weeks worhth of severence. WTF?

As you can tell, today has been rather disappointing. So, I apologize for nothing shnazzy.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Nothing exciting happened to me either today. So, you're in good company.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, if they DO have to get rid of anybody in your area it'll be the dead-beat,nail-filing waste of space coworker of yours!!