Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bald Clowns Make Me Cry

The Humorless Albino Clown came to work today with his entire afro shaved off. His hair is now super short. It makes me sad because now he looks semi-normal. Our little albino is growing up and slightly shedding his misfit ways! Now we just need to stop him from texting while he goes pee.

I really am sad... Seriously though, what would you do if you were a clown and your giant afro was your trademark? You wouldn't throw it away, or substitute it for something flat or bald.

Don't you love your clown ways Mr Albino?

It's as if Fabio became a girl... all Fabio fans would be so disappointed that their hunky romantic-novel-model was now a really awkward and probably very ugly woman. Such are my feelings with the clown - you gave me laughs... now you make me cry.

On a lighter note - the entire customer service call center on the 8th floor is having their own version of the Academy Awards, and our small 6 person flex call center is included! We have many topics, and for each one everyone can submit nominations of who they think fits the requirement the best.

For example, this week the topic is "Best Overall Attitude On/Off The Phones" and all day yesterday people were making nominations. Today the top 5 nominations were revealed, and I'm one of them! Huzzah!

The somewhat sucky part is now everyone votes, but only our peers are voting for us, and since there are around 20 new employees on the 8th floor that were hired after my group moved down the 6th floor, there's very slim to none chance that any one of us in the flex call center will win anything. Of the 60+ people upstairs, a very large chunk of them don't even know us. *sigh*

We have a dead air Party Conference line that people can call into when they're working on projects - so it doesn't hurt their other stats - and I'm thinking of campaigning on it during my afternoon break. Granted, most times there's only like 1 or 2 callers logged into it at any given time, but it might help boost my votes!

Now I just need some slogans...

"Vote for Rob Rob, or get a clob clob"...

"Vote Rob McNamee, that's pronounced like Big Macs are Nummy! And no, I will not buy McDonalds for you if I win"

"Ladies and Gentleman of extension 4505. Vote for Rob in this week's Acadamy Awards. He likes you... in a proffesional manner only... and wants to make you laugh. Too bad he's stuck on the Island of Misfit Toys. Only you can pull him out of that slump by showing him he's still great! - I am Rob McNamee, and I approve this message."

"Vote for Rob or go to his show 'The Fantasticks' showing at Bloomington Civic Theatre every Thursday through Sunday for the next 4 weekends - if you do neither, you WILL be dead to him"

Oh man, I just got an e-mail from my manager telling me I can't campaign. Oh well. Here's to crossing fingers. I could use a lucky rabbit's foot key-chain made up of albino's dead afro right now...

Speaking of lucky... help me dry my clown tears, Britney...

videos only appear on the blog site

No comments: