Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Lesson On Procrastination With Kermit The Frog

***DISCLAIMER: This is a friendly blog. A topic brought up in the middle of this post is purely for the comedic situation it caused. Continue through it, there isn't anything to scare you or gross you out in this entry. ***

6 half-empty water bottles, 4 half-full diet coke cans, numerous pieces of mail I tossed aside after opening them, 13 cds I had intended to load onto my iTunes, and a bag of candy (that I still haven't touched since I brought it home after a corporate party mid-december) all decorate my desk and beautifully accentuate my desktop computer. I won't go into all that has found its way to my floor.

All of this has accumulated in the past week. I come home from work, maybe mess it up a bit, and leave to go to rehearsal. When I come home, I'm tired or I decide to watch some tv in the small amount of "me" time before bed. Usually my weekend consists of cleaning up any mess I may have created from the few days prior.

Today, instead of cleaning up my clutter, I decided to first try to find some blog inspiration. I want to keep this thing up and running, even if it means keeping my room messy for another hour or so.

My mind goes through a list of things to write about, and fate just happened to settle my mind on "Kermit The Frog". It changed my life forever.

I go to Youtube, type in my search, and the first entry that pops up has something to do with Kermit's reaction as he watched a shocking video called 2 girls, 1 cup. Curiosity got the best of me, and I had to find out what this video was. The actual video wasn't on youtube that I could find, but it had a huge collection of people's reactions, including those from Peter, Brian, Stewie, and Chris from Family Guy, which I LOVE btw. If finding this video wasn't for any real reason, it would be to understand this reference in one of my all-time favorite shows.

Google found the original video right away, and let me give you a tip - don't procrastinate cleaning your room by searching on Youtube, you will be punished by a higher power. Now, turn your mind off right now and erase everything I said in this entry about the video 2 girls, 1 cup. Don't let your curiosity get the best of you and try to find it. It's not worth it. I do not endorse such behavior. Cleanse your mind.

Ok, now that you've backtracked a little bit, we will take another path, and entice you with this oh so cuddly and innocent video of Kermit the Frog singing Lime in the Coconut. Watch it and feel warm inside as the muppets sing cute lyrics like "froggy bought a coconut" and "relieve this flipper ache." I'm going to go clean my room.


4 comments:

Colin said...

Did you really expect me not to search for 2 Girls, 1 Cup. I want to die, or blind myself! It was horrible. Watching Kermit be normal in the vid you posted helped with the trauma.

matt said...

"Make your choice, adventurous Stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger,
Or wonder, till it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."
- The Magician's Nephew, C.S. Lewis

Aliecat said...

Thanks for the link, sweetness!

Anonymous said...

Interesting info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Girls_1_Cup