Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First Glance Top and Bottom Models

I think we all know what starts tonight!!!


And after looking at the first portfolio pictures, the naughty new york poses, and the VERY SHORT video of each girl, I have chosen my First Glance Top & Bottom Models... hehe... I think that's funny.

First, my picks for First Glance Bottom Models. There are a couple of girls that I keep forgetting about, and whom I just haven't been impressed by yet...

Allison and Atalya, sorry... if it were up to me, based on these first glances, you'd be gone.

The Farthest Bottom Model to me is Allison

Allison, you've looked like a deer in the headlights in everything, your NY Avril Lavigne poses, your quick video, and even in your first portfolio pic. Show me you can pose without thinking/needing approval of your choices.

And Atalya is second...

Atalya, same thing. You've shown more confidence in your first glance material, but you've bored me, and I keep forgetting about you until I see your picture. Hopefully you'll make a more lasting impression on the show.

Now, my picks for First Glance Top Models. Based on previous seasons, it's pretty clear that ANTM likes diversity. For that reason, along with the pattern of the previous winners, I'm guessing that this one will go to a caucasian contestant. I was pretty even in my thoughts of a couple girls, until I saw their videos and only a couple stood out.

My top choice for this category is Amis.

She's got a very interesting look, that has already transformed a few times in her pictures, showing that she can offer a variety of poses/emotions. I was a little scared that she might have a look that was too strong for the competition, but after watching her video, it was the only one with a girl who was having fun/laughing/and looking like a model all at the same time. Everyone else was stiff, trying to look bad ass, with the emphasis on TRYING. I hope Amis shows the other girls a thing or two.

The second is Anya.

This girl is exotic, and I think she could make it to the end. She's shown that she can play the innocent, fragile girl as well as a very confident/seductive girl. Plus, the fact that she LOOKS foreign will be enough for the judges to keep her.

In regards to the rest, I feel there are two categories, the strong and the interesting.

I feel that Aimee, Dominique, Lauren, Marvita, Stacy Ann and Whitney will take very strong pictures throughout, but I think their downfalls will be too bland, too old looking, too strong of features, too strong of features, and too slutty - respectfully.

Then, Claire, Fatima, Katarzyna, and Kimberly, in my opinion, look like they will be the underdogs, but will stay around as they each have a very interesting/distinct look to themselves, and we know how ANTM likes to keep the odd ones in as long as possible as they have such an individualized appearance that's easily recognizable.

This was my pre-premier first glance obsession... man I love this show... a little too much.

4 comments:

Jon said...

I'm going to have to stop reading your blog if you give too many details as I can't watch this show until late Thursday night, maybe Friday morning. :(

Robbie said...

There wasn't anything big from last nights show anyway, just narrowing it down to the 14 final girls from 35 hopefuls.

Jon said...

Okay... finally watched it.

Kimberly, Whitney, and Katarzyna are my favs.

Robbie said...

I do love Whitney, a lot, if only she gets over those pursed lips... every single picture AND video has pursed lips... enough! lol.