Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Seven Entries In One Day!

I decided today to get caught up with the previous week's entries which I have been getting behind on.

To find out about my hectic week that I have JUST blogged all about, please read the relatively short entries, and comment freely:
It All Ends Thursday
Friday Fish Fries... er, Pesto Linguinis
Spastic Saturday
The Book!... I Mean, The Movie! - Spiderwick Chronicles Review
Finally Forever Plaid Auditions!
Ta Ta Tuesday

and obviously this one... to find out about today - Wednesday.

I found out today, via e-mail, that the callbacks for Forever Plaid will be held March 10th. Also, anybody who is cast will need to be Equity or "go Equity" if they aren't already. This was a big bummer to me, as I don't feel like I'm ready to become an Equity actor, but I will worry about that if the role is actually offered to me. I can always resign from the union if it doesn't work out for me in the long run, and then join again when I am properly prepared.

Next Top Model was on tonight...

***only read further if you have seen the episode or don't care if the episode is spoiled for you.***


Sooo many surprises came with the first elimination episode of Cycle 10.

First, HOW excited am I that the OH-SO-GORGEOUS super model Paulina Porizkova will be enhancing the weekly judging panel with her grace - replacing Twiggy from previous seasons. I LOVE this woman to death! She is such a classy and refined model. Her mere presence on the show made me beg for more. I don't know if I will ever get enough of Paulina, I am SO excited.

So wonderful!

The second surprise, was Kimberly's running away! It makes me want to sing Beauty School Drop out from Grease... Top Model drop out, no graduation day for you!

In front of the panel she told the judges she didn't really see the interest in modeling and would like to leave - so she left! And after THIS great picture!?

What a disappointment!

As I predicted, Atalya AND Allison were found in the bottom three, and Atalya was sent home. Paulina said that she kept forgetting who Atalya was - it's like we have the same mind!!!

BORING!

Also, Anya - one of my first glance top two - jumped ahead and was the frontrunner of the competition this week; being called first by Tyra at elimination.

She reminds me of a french painter!

The third surprise came when my FAVORITE, Amis, was placed in the bottom TWO! Honestly though, I think that girl will tap into her true potential and make it really far. I honestly think she's got what it takes, regardless of what this week's panel stated.

I LOVE this girl!

Now, as I've seen the girls actually perform - I'm still sticking with Allison being the worst. Of the girls that I previously thought wouldn't make it - I have reconsidered Whitney and Aimee. I think both of them are AMAZING, and honestly, I would LOVE Whitney to make it to the end. I've been very disappointed by the previous seasons' plus sized model - I think she would be the perfect fit for the next Top Model. I'm still rooting strongly for Amis though. I'm scared Anya will crash, but I think Aimee will pull through out of nowhere and beat everyone else down... it's going to be a bloodbath!

Go Whitney Go!

OH I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Yeah, I DEFINITELY have a cold, 'tis the season, non?... boo!

2 comments:

Jon said...

Finally able to watch it. Crazy start to the beginning of the show.

Whitney is truly my favorite. (as mentioned earlier).

Claire is great too.

Fatima is getting on my nerves already.

Random side note, but Katarzyna went to Cornell and I share a cube with a girl who also went there at the same time and knows her.

Finally, Note to self: If I ever become a model, I should not stare into the light. :)

Robbie said...

yeah, they're going to have some good contenders this season. My first show theory, that I crafted to pick Caridee as the winner, puts Aimee as this seasons' top model... but I want it to be Amis or Whitney. *tear*