Monday, February 11, 2008

Misfit #2 Attacks!


There are two microwaves in our breakroom, which is nicer than only having one, but when so many people on our floor take their lunch at the same time, two just isn't enough...

I walked into the breakroom today around 12:45 to heat up my lunch. There were only two other people in the room. One of them was using the white microwave, leaving the black one wide open for the taking. I wasn't worried though.

I opened up the refridgerator, took out my lunch, and was about to put it in the microwave when I noticed that I still had yet to take off the yellow sticky; all of my lunches are marked with a small sticky note so that everyone knows who it belongs to - no stealing now! I took off the sticky, walked to the garbage and threw it away. I turn around to go back to the microwave when all of a sudden Albino Clown With Little Hair leaps out of nowhere, throws his lunch into the black microwave, pushes his time in and hits start, all with the rapid speed of a Peregrine Falcon swooping in for the kill.

Albino Clown With Little Hair knew very well that I had nonverbally staked the microwave as mine to use next. He knew he had just 'budged in line', and the few of us in the room just looked at him.

To ease the situation, Albino Clown With Little Hair turned around and jokingly said "Is it Friday yet? He he... he he" His laugh was a little too reminiscent of Krusty from The Simpsons. As he looked at me, waiting for a response, I noticed that he is quasi cross-eyed. Yay! The afro was replaced by his weird eye problem. I was a little happier after I found this out.

"Not yet, unfortunately..." I responded.

Something that was fortunate though, was the white microwave became free in just a matter of 14 seconds, and I was able to put my food in to heat up as I took a bathroom break in between. I was half expecting to be followed by the misfit, so he could show me his texting/peeing skills yet again, but thankfully he stayed in the break room and was gone by the time I got back.

Next time, I think I'll go into the break room around 12:15...