Thursday, February 21, 2008

It All Ends Thursday

As Nicole Kidman sung oh so beautifully in Moulin Rouge:

'I was a fool to believe,
A fool to believe,
It all ends today,
Yes, It all ends today.'

Thursday began with a horrible day at work. I had just finished conversing to my good friend, whom I'll refer to as John, telling him how I was tired of the corporation in which we were employed, and how I felt that we simply weren't appreciated anymore, when less than an hour later, John calls me from the parking log outside, having just been terminated. The reason? For missing work, WHILE spending his time with his dad and family as his father was in ICU; terminally ill - the company only cared about the former part of that last statement.

It was appalling to me; their heartlessness in this situation, and it really showed me just how much we were worth, SO I put in my two week notice.