Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nyquil Burps Are THE WORST!

So, I decided to take some nyquil last night, as my cold has come to full fruition and I needed to kick it in the bud. For some reason, the black-liquorice tasting green shit makes me super gassy, and there's nothing more classy than a nyquil burp. ISH!

It did knock me out, after an hour or so, like it usually does, and let me tell you - WHAT a dream!

There I was, standing at the top of a ladder, being scolded by my dad and my uncle below. My mom and cousin were standing by, and if I hadn't been getting an undeserved verbal beating, I would have felt bad for them. I ran to my right, hurt and crying, to a little cubby hole in the wall. I squeezed myself through it and ten feet later was in another room; my bedroom. I sobbed, loudly, and tried to make my sad presence known.

After a minute or so, I crawled back through the cubby hole and without standing up, slowly crept my way to the ladder. Down, in our pit of a living room, everyone was playing scrabble. My 16 year old cousin had just spelled 'baroque' and the room exploded with laughter at how smart of a boy he was. They didn't care that I was in pain. So I ran back to my cubby hole and laid down.

My dad, who must have heard me depart, followed me, and when he finally persuaded me to come out of my room, he told me he had a secret that would make me feel better.

We walked to our left, down a short hallway with a closet on our right and a door straight ahead that led outside. He opened the closet, and pushed all of the jackets to the right, leaving a large empty space of wall uncovered.

"Someone lives here with us, Robbie; inside the walls," he said. "Ever wonder why our house has crawl spaces and no doors? Ever wonder what you're traveling under when you go from room to room to room?"

It sounded plausible, but oddly enough those questions had never come to my mind.

"Who lives in the walls?" I asked?

"See for yourself" He gave a rap on the bare surface in the closet, and a seven by three foot chunk of the wall pushed out and moved to the side.

We walked in, and were shortly after greeted by Santa Clause.

I won't finish my dream, as it pretty much goes from there... there was also a green imp who liked to talk to itself that lived in the walls too... not to mention that they were all smoking pot... my mom brought us cookies, and there was a beautiful city-scape view (from the inside of the walls of a suburban house??) YET, I still had to ask my dad

"Is this real?"

before waking up... that Nyquil is some crazy shit.

3 comments:

Jon said...

That's pretty crazy. I never can remember my dreams enough (with that much detail).

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a Pretty AMAZING Dream!! :-)!!
~Suzie

Anonymous said...

But when did you burp?