Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm Back/One Jump Fandub


It's been SO LONG blogger! Why have I not had motivation lately to blog on center-spot? Well I will tell you! I only have seven entries on my page at any given time, so instead of making a blog about each and every day - as there have been more than 7 days this time - I will simply touch on the most important of these days. Starting with last Friday (3/21) in combination with Saturday (3/22)!

One of the main reasons why I haven't been blogging as much as I could have been, Blogger, is because I've been seeing someone else... Youtube.

Yes, I have become a Youtube fiend, and created my own account with it! Now, before I go too crazy and give you too much information all at once, I'll rewind.

Last Friday I went to my wonderful friend Suzie's house. If you remember, Suzie was a fellow castmate in The Fantasticks - she played the one and only girl in the whole show, and was the wonderful photographer for my behind the stage documentary entry on my old indian make up. We have become good friends outside of the theatre world, and so we hung out and she showed me her 'fandubs' on youtube.

A fandub is just that - a dubbed version of a video made by a fan. Some of them are funny, where people dub their own voices into a movie and make it look like the people are saying new/comedic things, but some of them are simply people dubbing their voices with the regular script. Suzie did the latter, usually doing songs...

She showed me how she dubbed the videos, and knowing that it was with free programs that either came with Windows or can be downloaded off the web, I basically became motivated to create my own fandubs...

The first one I posted on the following day - Saturday. It was a fandub to Aladdin's 'One Jump'. It wasn't that great, BUT it was fun to do, and I can only get better. I look at this as a way for myself to practice voice-overs, and different voices, as well as being able to hear how I sound when I sing... it'll help for me to know what sounds right, and to improve in that area.

Here's the Aladdin Video - like i said, it has some rough spots, BUT that's mainly just because I didn't know the tune completely, and I was trying to be quiet and not disturb the family downstairs - the videos get better :) don't worry :).

videos only appear on the blog site

1 comment:

Jon said...

Loved it! (the acting at the beginning was the best part - especially the falling down piece) :)