Thursday, March 6, 2008

No Way, Jose!

Who could have guessed the outcome of last night's episode of America's Next Top Model?

"You are the epitome of apple-bottom-ness."
"She's gonna get we-we-weave down down down down!"
"Are you cold?" "No, she's posing"

***Spoilers on last night's ANTM episode***

It started out with everyone getting Apple Bottom jeans, and YET AGAIN I got the Flo Rida song stuck in my head... they didn't get boots with the fur though.

Allison and Fatima went AT it, pretty much saying the other had a huge ass... Allison stuffed a barbie's butt with kleenex to make it huge... and then at the challenge they were cocky but sucked ass. Claire won, yay Claire!

The girls had make overs, and let me tell you - 7 dramatic color changes and 6 weaves among 12 girls? I love it. Not one girl sat around getting nothing done, they all had either some drastic dying, a huge ass weave, or cut super short.

Dominique had the least change, but I think it was NOT in her favor - that girl looks old as it is, and to give her an outdated and aged haircut a la Izabella Scorupco in GoldenEye... that's not going to help.

My two favorite changes were with Claire, LOVE the short blonde hair, and Marvita, that horse mane weave is super awesome!! Anya's makeover picture makes me want to sing "My Heart Will Go On", and Stacy Ann's new cut has transformed her from Dani in cycle 6 to Ambreal in cycle 9.

The photo shoot was on a boat floating just next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and was of the girls with the bridge and New York City as the backdrop.

Lauren was the first called, with an oh-so awkward photo...

This girl, photo-wise, will not be able to do any wrong. Another awkward photo and the judges will eat it up again, and if she was ever to take a photo that looked very high fashion and sexy INSTEAD of awkward, they'll think she has a huge range in front of the camera.

I like the girl, don't get me wrong, and she does have one extreme weakness that won't do well in front of the judges; her runway walk will be her downfall.

My personal favorite shot was Marvita's.


I thought this shot was awesome. Love the hair!! Marvita is going to be such a strong competitor this cycle, but she's gotta watch out about her attitude. She looks fierce and strong in her pictures but they're going to want her to soften up at some point.

In the end, our boring and, come to find this past episode, INSANELY arrogant girl Allison was sent packing.

She bored me from the beginning, and her constant cockiness was extremely off-putting. Allison, in general, was such a fake girl, and I honestly think she didn't care about this show, no matter what she did or said to state otherwise. She pretended to cry but when she took her hands away from her face to hug Tyra there was nothing there. You could almost see her mind saying "when do I get to leave?". I'm glad she's off the show.

I'm honestly scared for my girl Amis. She is honestly my hands down favorite in this show. Her personality is wonderful, and I still can't get over her pre-show video - at cwtv.com/cw-video/america's-next-top-model/short/?play=426-2820.

Everything she did, even lick the side of her mouth, looked model-esque, she's just not shining in the episodes. I will root for her, but I'm scared she's going home very soon. She did move a step up from last week though in the pecking order with this picture.


As I stated last ANTM entry - the girl to watch out for now is Aimee.


I had made a comment to a friend that I was going to expect some red hair in the make-overs, and Aimee was the chosen one! Now, red hair isn't going to make her win, but of all the theories I have about this show, I am confident to say at this moment in time, that Aimee fits everything this season is looking for, and now that I've seen a few episodes, I am willing to place a bet on her for the win.

I hate to say it, but my bottom three pic for next week is Amis, Lauren, and Fatima. Hopefully I'm a little off.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Ahem... Whitney?

Claire is becoming a favorite too. Though she really isn't featured much.

I like Lauren too. However, I don't like this picture of her as I am annoyed by the sun.

Robbie said...

I love Whitney. I wouldn't be upset if she proved me wrong and won. She fits the profile too. I could see her making the top two with Aimee. :P

I love Claire. She's one of my favorites too, but I don't see her winning.

Lauren is great. :P