Friday, March 14, 2008

Remember, Sunshine Can Be Found!


If your sweetheart sends a letter of goodbye,
it's no secret you'll feel better if you cry.
When waking from a bad dream,
don't you sometimes think it's real?
But it's only false emotion that you feel!

If your heartache seems to hang around too long,
and your blues keep getting bluer with each song,
remember sunshine can be found behind the cloudy sky
So, let your hair down, and go on and cry.

***

Alas, I didn't get into Forever Plaid, and I found out last night when the actor who played Sid in the Pajama Game had to drop our show (so he could be in Forever Plaid).

It's kind of bitter sweet, but in the end I'm very happy about their decision. Everyone at the callbacks did really well, and it was ultimately fair game - plus, I was competing with very talented equity actors and I stayed neck and neck with them the whole way until the end. There's something to say in that.

Plus, the show that's performing at The Old Log is doing very poorly in sales, so they're ending it early, and starting rehearsals for Forever Plaid in less than 2 weeks. They start the show in less than 3 - hence why our Sid had to drop Pajama Game. So, I would have had a difficult time if I had been cast anyway - going so quickly, becoming equity in only a matter of days without much time to let it sink in... it would have been crazy.

On top of it all, the theatre saw me, and they liked me. You never know what could happen in the future!

I can't wait to go see it though :)

Such a beautiful song... What's up with the heil/bow at the end? Fishy...

videos only appear on the blog site

No comments: