Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's An Anchor, Because I'm A Real Sailor!

Don't read further if you don't want to be spoiled... mwahaha

**ANTM spoilers from last night's episode***

Well, it was Fatima and Amis in the bottom two last night on ANTM. I honestly need to stop picking favorites, because they never stay very long. It was an interesting night where my picks are concerned.

The mid-episode challenge was a runway show, in which Katarzyna won an editorial shoot for Lot 27 in Seventeen Magazine. She took Amis and Marvita with her, and they got to do a photo shoot WITH Cycle 8's winner, Jaslene.

Then, the photo shoot came, and the girls had to wear meat - big slabs of meat as their outfits, and they pretty much just posed in a meat house.

Remember back when, before the show started, and I thought Anya would do well, well, she's boring the crap out of me, but she's doing well... she got called first this week with this picture:


It's a great shot, the body angles are great, and she stands out among all the dead animals.

Lauren, one of my picks for bottom three this week, actually got called halfway down the line up. She had taken such an amazing photo this week, that even though she looked like a nervous wreck on the runway, she got to stay. I do agree though that her photo this week was awesome.


She even said that she was trying to embody Leather Face from Chainsaw Massacre. It completely worked for her.

Aimee, the girl that I announced was my post-episode 1 pick to win, was in the bottom three tonight instead. She took a bad picture...


You can tell that she had some serious problems with her meat top. She just did not feel comfortable, and it showed.

I honestly need to stop picking top people, because everytime I do, they plummet to the bottom - all except for Anya, I guess, and Whitney. But I can't just pick everyone in the book, that's not fair. SO, I'll pick a top three - Anya, Whitney, Aimee. That should keep me safe - and I won't BUDGE from it at all.

Plus, Whitney took my personal favorite of the night:


I love the face, and come on - she's rockin that meat underwear.

Fatima took this shot:

And while she took a bad picture, and even showed the judges her bad attitude, she won over Amis...


And Amis was sent packing. I can't say I disagree with the judges pick. I mean, I loved Amis and all, but her performance just wasn't there, and she didn't seem serious about getting any better. She skipped at the runway challenge, and she just didn't seem all that focused at the shoot either. Her inability to 'bring it' sunk her to the bottom, just like her self made anchor tattoo. She will be greatly missed.

My bottom picks for next week - the posing week - will be Fatima, Katarzyna, and my gut instinct is saying Stacy Ann. We'll see, we'll see!

4 comments:

matt said...

Do you think she'll keep the name Amis, or will she go back to plain ol' Amy.

Jon said...

Ah Lauren. I think she's so interesting. How she's able to go from one moment of being this awkward, gangly individual to a confident, sexy woman just by stepping in front of the camera, amazes me.

Seriously though... what was up with wearing the meat? I swear they come up with the most insane photo shoot ideas each year.

Do you watch Bravo's "Make Me a Supermodel"? If not, you should. It has surpassed ANTM in my mind.

Robbie said...

She'll probably stay with Amis, I would! But I would pronounce it Ahh Meese, lol.

----------

And Yes, I do watch Make Me a Supermodel. I love Ronnie. He's my favorite - just watch, he'll leave this week now.

Jon said...

I do like Ronnie, but Holly is great too.

I wouldn't be surprised if he stays though because he's a much more likeable person than Shannon.