Thursday, March 27, 2008

NUTS and nuts!!

Later in this entry I'll go over the ANTM episode from 3/26... but first...

I had another audition today (Thursday 3/27)... this time it was for representation by a talent agency here in the Twin Cities. As I have talked about previously, I quit my job about a month ago and decided to use this time as the perfect opportunity to pursue my acting career - INCLUDING expanding my repertoire from solely stage to the camera.

There are some great Talent Agencies in the cities here, one being NUTS, ltd. Talent agencies are companies that corporations will contact when they need actors for commercials/short films/industrials/voice-over work, etc. In order for the talent agency to send you out to the corporation to act in the job, they must first represent you and know you're capable of performing the job required.

My audition on Thursday included sitting down with 4 other hopefuls to get to know the company, and then going into another room for separate auditions where we read scripts into a video camera as they recorded you. The 5 of us were only 1 half hour worth of hopefuls... they had two full days of back to back sessions like this... so it's very competitive. I felt that I read my Target Industrial and LeannChins commercial very well, and now I just have to wait to receive either the "happy letter" or the "sad letter". Cross your fingers!

--------------------

In other news... one of my theories about ANTM were proven correct this week, and one was proven incorrect.

It's true that the girl whose past and personal life they focus on the most during the show is the one who gets the boot that episode...

It's false however that Aimee will be the winner of this season.

Just to keep this blog somewhat short...

The winner of the episode was Whitney who was great at "Pain Posing" (posing as if a part of your body is in pain) and delivered a wonderful Grunge music-inspired photo.













My favorite of the episode was actually Anya though - who not only won a private photo shoot with Nigel Barker himself, where she posed nude on a bed (scandalous!!!) but she also had my favorite photo of the week. It has so many wonderful angles, and there's just so much going on in the picture that all blends well together, that I have to call it my favorite.




Claire was second to last this week. She really got into a lot of catfights with Dominique this week... and when it came to really showing off her stuff, she fell flat. Her country music photo shoot just didn't work out... I HATED that skirt...









But it wasn't as bad as Aimee's R&B photo. From the very beginning of the episode I knew that Aimee was going home. There was nothing that she did in the house this episode that would cause her to be focused on... yet they shared her story anyway... it was a dead giveaway that she was going... In the end, she took some amazing and not-so-amazing photos, and she really didn't have that wow factor... and the Judges said goodbye...


Two of my top picks are still left - and actually did great this week. Anya and Whitney are doing great. Let's just hope that I don't jinx them too... as it seems when I start liking something it goes down the toilet, lol. We'll see, we'll see!

2 comments:

Jon said...

So... somehow my taping got deleted, and I wasn't able to watch this last week's episode.

I was talking to someone about it on Friday, and originally, he said that Fatima got the boot (news that made me scream with delight), but then he remembered it was Aime instead.

Oh well. Whitney!

Eric V. said...

I was at the same audition and have yet to receive either letter. Have you heard yet? NUTS is supposed to be a great agency to get into--best of luck to both of us!