Saturday, March 1, 2008

Light of Moon

I retaught myself Clair De Lune this week.

When I was in junior high, I found out that one of my Grandma's favorite songs was Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy. As a boy who had been taking piano lessons, I took this opportunity to learn the song by myself. Now, I'm one of those pianists who can't sight read music. I have to memorize it, which can take a little while, but then I can regurgitate it for the world to hear at any piano I encounter.

Well, I played it for my Grandma and then forgot about it. Everything but the first page and a half had been completely erased over time, until I quit my job. Today I can play the entire thing again. It has definitely become my favorite piece.

It's one of the reasons why Ocean's 11 is one of my all time favorite movies... so amazing.

*sigh*

videos only appear on the blog site

No comments: