Sunday, March 2, 2008

Street Signs


My number is 103. I'm not claiming it as a lucky number, as it hasn't been as lucky as my selfish self would have liked, but it's a significant number nonetheless.

I was born on October 3rd, 1984. I remember for a short time when I was still living in Mound, MN (so three years of age or less, and yes I do still have memories from that age) I was convinced my birthday was October 5th... but after being corrected I embraced the day.

Three used to be my 'lucky number'.

I was driving around in high school, looking for a place to eat near the Minnesota Zoo - as I was going to see a movie at its gigantic imax theatre and I had gotten there extremely early. I took the road just outside of the zoo to the East. If I had known nothing was out there, I wouldn't have taken that direction, but I'm glad I did. The road ended quite a few miles out... it ended at County Road 3 - S Robert Trail.

I practically flipped... my name for my lucky number's county road. It was quite literally a sign.

Once I realized 3 was just WAY too common to be a lucky number, I changed it to 103 - Oct 3.

THEN, a few years ago, as I was driving home from an audition in Coon Rapids, I noticed county road 103... Broadway Avenue. I didn't get in the show... but I have bigger things ahead of me now!

Like I said, it isn't too lucky, but it has helped me learn things about myself. As weird as it sounds, I take confidence from these street signs. Confidence that this is who I am and this is who I'm supposed to be.

Just thought I'd share.

WTF!? - it's got 103, video games, muppets, and 2 girls in 1 cup jokes, maybe I have something to learn from it... the quicksand part towards the end disturbs me greatly :(

videos only appear on the blog site

No comments: