Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My First Agency!

I had an interview with Susan Wehmann today, founder of Wehmann models and talent. I had been referred to the agency by a good friend of mine when I had expressed to him that I wanted to expand to film.

It was more of an informative meeting for me than it was an interview for them. I walked in, had only the nicest of greetings, and Susan gave me the breakdown. She told me what the industry was like, that when I got called for an audition they would want to see 'the guy next door'; they would want to see 'the normal me just doing an everyday something'. It's a very different style of acting than theatre, but it will help me improve my acting abilities in general, and I'm super excited.

My first task - to get 50 copies of my black and white headshot, and 15 copies of my maroon shirt/hands on hips/smiling headshot.

The company made me feel very welcomed and appreciated, and they seemed just as excited to work with me as I am to work with them.

Hopefully I'll have some gig coming up here soon! Who knows how long it will take.

This is a friend of mine in a commercial that aired a couple years ago... I don't know what agency he uses, but I might be next!

videos only appear on blog site

No comments: